Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sleep and Teeth


The girls are way too big for the bassinet, so we decided to take one last photo of them co-snuggling.


The girls like playing outside, so at least once a week, I bring them to a park to eat solids or let them play in the deck.


The girls also love cheerios, bread and baby cookies (arrowroot, cereal cookies and rice rusks!)

Sleep Pattern: The girls are growing older, sleeping longer and napping less!  For the past three days, they average 10.5-11.5 hours of night time sleep.  They nap no more than three hours in the day and they won`t sleep long in their car seat or stroller, so it has to be at home.  They generally sleep well, going to bed around 7:30-8 pm and waking up for one early morning feed.  Occasionally, they take turns waking up for the dream feed out of habit.

Teething: Last night, Keira had a lot of trouble sleeping.  She woke up at 11ish and couldn`t go back to bed, she kept falling asleep and then waking up fussing or partially playing.  This was very abnormal.  I realized she was in pain.  I finally told Rick to administer some baby Tylenol and within minutes, she stayed asleep.  Unfortunately, I realized this too late; it was 2 am.  This morning, she was drooling constantly and her gums have a lot of large bumps.  Naomi already has some teeth breaking through her bottom gums.  Both haven`t been cranky during the daytime nor really fussy at all so I wonder if the worst is yet to come!

Personalities: I really can`t complain about the girls.  They seem pretty easy to take care of, and generally, they are easy going, happy babies who play well while we eat our meals.  I`m just exhausted because there`s two babies who have the same needs at the same time!  Everyone whose taken care of them, including my future live-in nanny, family, and mother`s helper have all said that they are easy babies.  I mentioned to Rick that its only recently that the girls have been waking up in the middle of the night and not going back to bed (likely due to all the travelling or teething).  For the past 8 months, I don`t think Rick and I have ever experienced them not going back to bed by themselves.  Usually, when I feed them, they fall asleep on their own right away....but not so in the last few weeks.  So, I started sleep training them again and generally it`s much better, unless they're teething, then nothing soothes them.

New Moves: Keira is scooting on her back and turning while sitting reaching for things.  Naomi is doing the same thing. I`m pretty sure that they are going to crawl pretty soon!!  We have to baby proof our house asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment